We did it. Two weeks down and we are working hard to find our flow. So far it looks a lot like this.
- mama wakes up early because I need the quiet
- everybody needs to wake up by 7:30
- breakfast, bedrooms, morning chores
- 8:30 gather for morning time
- 9:30 split up for individual work or mama time (bigs to kitchen or various corner of the house to avoid noise of littles and littles to sunroom table)
- I work through youngest to oldest for mom rotations and kids can play when finished
- lunch time around noon and some read aloud time
- head to the pool or a park before back home to chill before dinner
The favorite lesson this week was Wildflower Bingo followed by nature journal.
I’m super proud of the kiddos. No one was excited about summer school but I really think it will add value to our school year by helping us jump off strong August 28. We are all pumped it’s finally Friday and ready for three more weeks of summer!