Five weeks. It’s time to put my head down, submit to the work ahead and push forward.
Today marks day one of our Fall 1 homeschool block. We greased the wheels this summer, but for now, it’s time to go hard until September 29.
What I’m looking forward to:
- the whole world being back to school so it’s not just us
- earlier bedtimes
- good books to share together
- my new planner
- Friday fun days with our homeschooling peeps
- our history curriculum
- time for family games
- Emily Dickinson poetry focus
What I’m not looking forward to:
- the first week of getting back to routine
- tears during math and Latin
- checking to see all work is completed
- longer school days
- how messy the house stays
- pencils everywhere
All in all, I anticipate this year to be challenging but worthwhile. This will be the only year I will have all five kids together studying together. Clearly, I have to vary the intensity of the workload given the age of the child, but I like the idea of all of us tackling the same themes and subjects this year. My hope is to learn to enjoy this one piece life, working together toward a common goal.
And the first goal in sight is September 29. Buckle up.